Monday, January 5, 2009

Intro

Okay so here is the deal. Me likey to cook. My friends know this and have asked me for recipes so they can do some cookin' as well. I decided that because I am soooo very popular (I'm being sarcastic for those who do not know me) I would blog about what I am cooking each week. This will help me to do the following:

1.) Actually COOK each week (instead of going out) and therefore helping my wallet and my thighs.
2.) Be more creative with my cooking. Sometimes I forget all the things I can cook and this will help me to remember.
3.) Help out my friends who want ideas. I'm all about service and the blessings it provides me (because it is all about ME of course).

So this is what this blog will be: a weekly menu of what I plan on cooking for that week. You can choose to follow my menu exactly as I do it, or you can pick and choose the things you and your family will like and make your own menu - or you can use it randomly for recipes. Or you can just not use it at all. Totally up to you.

I can tell you this - when I have made a menu and only bought the things that I need for that week, I save TONS of money. I used to do the many trips to the grocery store and walk down each aisle buying random things and hoping that it would somehow make a wonderful meal and then I would get home and I would have a big bunch of junk that made, well, nothing. This can be costly and frustrating. Trust me, I know.

So hopefully this will help you like I know it will help me and then I can brag to my family and friends that I have a blog like every Tom, Dick and Harry on this planet.

Enjoy!
-Beck

1 comment:

  1. you rock, Becky. Thanks so much! I miss seeing you! Hope you are feeling well and happy being mom of 2!

    ReplyDelete